<%=WebSiteName %> for lettings in Leeds and around Yorkshire Home  |  Rent  |  Landlords  |  Areas  |  The Team  |  About  |  Contact
0871 288 2021
York Place Buildings, 6-8 York Place, Leeds, LS1 2DS
Find your next home
Tenants, browse properties
Include Rented

Featured Properties

Free Consultation
Landlords, discuss your options
Contact Number

Tenant FAQs

Are evening and weekend viewings available?

Yes you will be able to book viewings on evenings and Saturdays. Contact our office and they will be able to arrange viewings convenient to you. What fees will I need to pay? There is an administration fee to be paid when you apply for a property. This is a one-off fee to be paid before processing of your application will begin. The fee is confirmed on your reservation form or you can speak with our lettings negotiators at the office.

How will I be referenced?

All prospective tenants will need to provide three years address history in order to facilitate referencing via a credit reference agency. Proof of residency and identity will need to be confirmed and your employment will be verified. We do understand that not everyone’s circumstances are the same and we do have procedures in place for overseas students and self-employed tenants. Our moveins team will be able to guide you through the application process should you have any queries.

Will I require a guarantor?

A guarantor may be requested if your salary was slightly lower or if you obtain a low credit score. If a guarantor is requested they would be referenced in the same manner as a tenant. The guarantor would be liable for the rent on the property and be subject to the same responsibilities as the tenant in relation to the tenancy agreement. No additional administration fee will be required if a guarantor is requested.

Will I require contents insurance?

You will need to have contents insurance not just for your possessions but for your own peace of mind as it can also protect your deposit against any accidental damage to the contents of your landlord. Landlords do have buildings insurance to protect against disaster such as fire and flood but this will not cover you should you accidently break their plasma TV. We can arrange your contents insurance via HomeLet, the move ins team will be able to provide you with a competitive quote when you apply for a property.

What funds will I require to move into a property?

We will need to be in receipt of cleared funds for the first months rent and deposit and the administration fee. The administration fee can easily be paid via telephone or our online payment option found under “Make a Payment”. The rent and deposit payment should be paid via a bank transfer with your assigned reference numbers. You will be able to refer to instructions on how to make these payments in your application pack.

What will the deposit be?

The deposit is usually a months rent plus £100. For instance if the rent is £600PCM then the deposit to be paid would be £700. On properties that we manage your deposit will be held with the Deposit Protection Service. The Deposit Protection Service means that your deposit is protected throughout your tenancy and after you leave the property. When you have vacated the property we will liaise between tenant and landlord regarding any deductions to the deposit.

How do I make rental payments?

Your rent will be paid monthly in advance via a standing order that you set up with your bank. This is an easy way to manage your rental payments ensuring that you do not fall into arrears.

Are utility bills included in the rent?

Utility bills are not included within the rental amount except on selective serviced apartments. It would be your responsibility to set up the accounts with the service providers on commencement of the tenancy agreement. We will advise you of who the utility suppliers are when you move into the property.

Are children allowed?

Children are allowed at the discretion of the landlord, we will need to gain permission prior to your application.

Are pets allowed?

Not all landlords will allow pets in their properties. Please advise the office before booking an appointment to view a property if you have a pet and they will be able to advise you if the landlord will accept pets. The landlord may ask for an increased deposit if they were to allow pets.

How long is the tenancy going to be?

The tenancy would be a Standard Assured Shorthold Agreement. The period would either be a six or twelve month fixed term tenancy agreement.

I’m currently unemployed is that going to affect my application?

Unfortunately, you will need to be in employment at the beginning of the tenancy otherwise 6 months in advance will be required before you can move into the property. Acceptance of tenants who are not in employment is at the discretion of the Landlord.

Why Northern Apartments
Deposit Protection

Property for rent by area 
Copyright © 2009 Northern Apartments Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Company No 5476850 Website Developed by Yorkshire Software