<%=WebSiteName %> for lettings in Leeds and around Yorkshire Home  |  Rent  |  Landlords  |  Areas  |  The Team  |  About  |  Contact
0871 288 2021
York Place Buildings, 6-8 York Place, Leeds, LS1 2DS

Gas Certificates

What is required of the landlord?

It is the duty of a landlord when renting a property to ensure that your property has a valid Gas Safety Certificate in line with the Gas Safety (Installation and USE) Regulations 1998 for all pipe work, flues and appliances. Under our full management we will arrange access for a Gas Safe Engineer to perform the Gas Safety Certificate on your behalf if you don’t already have a valid certificate. We will diarise your renewal every 12 months so that you will always be covered.

What is the Gas Safe Register?

The Gas Safe register is the replacement for CORGI which came into place on the 1st April 2009 in Great Britain and the Isle of Man.

What is a Gas Safe Engineer?

A Gas Safe engineer is an engineer who has been verified as being capable and qualified to work with gas legally and safely. They will be able to prove they are a gas safe register with their Gas Safe ID Number.

Do I need to provide Carbon Monoxide Alarms?

The Health & Safety Executive recommend the utilization of Carbon Monoxide Alarms as an early warning system for tenants. A CO alarm can be purchased for £20-£30. When purchasing a CO alarm you should check for the British Standard EN 50291 and a British or European approval mark, for instance the Kitemark. The use of CO alarms should not be seen as an alternative to a Gas Safety certificate.

Why Northern Apartments
Gas Certificates

Contact Us
Discuss your options
Contact Number

Property for rent by area 
Copyright © 2009 Northern Apartments Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Company No 5476850 Website Developed by Yorkshire Software